10 YEARS! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!

I have to say, I am still that happy today. I will admit that before we got married, I thought Chris was perfect and I was so lost in la-la land that I can now see why my roommates were so annoyed. I have learned that he isn't perfect and he found my countless imperfections out very fast too...but I wouldn't want to be living my crazy life with anyone else. Chris truly is the one for me. (We would have loved to take a trip, but with a 3 month old and the kids busy schedules, we were only able to carve out time for a late night dinner at our favorite restaurant, Hyde Park...so it will have to be a big trip for the 20 year anniversary...right!?)

So, on our 10 year mark here are 10 things I love about Christopher:

1. How he laughs all the time

2. How he can light up a room and make a boring event seem fun

3. How he started wearing a white shirt and suit to church from the day Cade was born, because he wanted to be an example to his boys

4. How excited he gets about food

5. How he tells me I am beautiful, even when I am nine months pregnant, or nine days postpartum

6. How he makes our weekly date nights top priority

7. How he can sit and watch his favorite sports on TV with all the kids piled on top of him

8. How amazing he is at communicating and always being the first to say he's sorry

9. How I can talk him into ironing or mending my clothes

10. How he freely admits to watching chick flicks (used to be soaps) and cuddling with me on the couch

11 comments:

Trixie said...

Congrats on 10 years! I'm glad you got to go out to dinner:)

Jaquee Cho said...

Oh Jaim! Look that picture! I can't believe its been 10 years! It feels like just yesterday. You are such a good big sister, I look up to you in so many ways. I am so happy - you have such a good hubby and such fun beautiful kids. I really miss you!
XOXOXOX
Jax

Sheree said...

Cute picture! I remember that day, and you are so right about how he lights up a room--he is the most jovial guy. And the chick flick thing is cute!

Congratulations on 10 years!

The Keister Family said...

Congrats on 10 years! You are a great couple and can both make others around you smile. Oh, I would love it if you would run the Steelers 5k with me. If I can keep up with you.

kristenh2o said...

Congrats. It was fun reading what you love about chris...It was very close to things i would have listed for things I love about Aaron ,minus the ironing of clothes. That's not going to happen here!!! Well maybe if I begged enough!

shahna said...

Such a cute idea. I am totally stealing it from you in 10 days when we celebrate #19. You are such a cute couple. Chris is such a great guy. He reminds me so much of Big Mike.

C World said...

10 years and 4 kids! wow! having a crazy life makes everything fun so you don't get bored, right?!

Tammi said...

I can't believe Chris will mend your clothes?! Jovial--that IS the word for him (right on, Sheree)...When we were in high school and I would start to get annoyed at some grouse thing the boys were doing or said, Chris would say, "You can't get mad at me, remember? (some rule HE made up--I'm sure he used this trick on his mom too). He just never wanted any of his friends mad at him...I would always just start laughing. Congrats on 10 YEARS--WOW. YOu guys are so cute.

heather said...

Rob stumbled onto your blog and we have been enjoying the posts. Happy Anniversary you two! I don't have your email Jamie - email me so I have it and I'll invite you to our blog.
hcowdell@yahoo.com

btw- i love your blog layout!

Anonymous said...

You guys are a great couple! You both are so much fun to be around!! After hanging out with Chris, sometimes I wish Ryan would be more chatty and talkative to me! Chris loves to talk and he definitley loves to laugh!

Lyndsee H said...

Jamie! It's Lyndsee (Gray) Hargett from freshmen year at BYU! I found Lindsey Ramage on facebook and we both figured out we had blogs! I asked about you and she told me I could find your blog off her page. YAY! I always wondered what happened to you! Send me your email address to lyndseehargett@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite to my blog! I love this picture of you and Chris...I remember going to your wedding reception in Dallas at that huge house. :) Glad I finally tracked you down!